Monday, October 25, 2010

Xiomara Medina > www.xiomusic.com

Xiomara Medina, Owner, Medination Music LLC.

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
To be an entrepreneur you need many things. First of all, you need to have a passion for your craft. Secondly, a solid faith and determination in what moves you even when the world tells you are crazy! Lastly, acquire as much knowledge in your field as possible. Success is different for each one of us but it is acquired through persistence.


What did inspire you to start your business?
I was tired of dreaming about what could have been but wasn’t so I decided to wake up and realize those dreams.


How did you finance it?
I took some money from my first licensing deal to make my first album. Then I sold all my real estate investments and decided to do it full time. Every earnest dollar goes back into my business for growth and marketing. Music requires a lot of marketing.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes. Being a female too, being 5’7, my age, everything has an influence in my business. I can’t change the world but I can make the best out of my uniqueness, my opportunities, my time and resources. It is not about fitting a mold; it is about creating a mold that fits you.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I try to get creative and figure out ways to overcome obstacles. If one door closes another one will open eventually. Life is like a coin it always has two sides and your job is to keep it balancing on its thin middle strip. When you spin that coin and it doesn’t land on the side you wanted, just spin it again. Adversity is just one side of the coin.


What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
I started my business at very though time for music, for leisure and over all for entertainment. Adding to that pressure is the increase in piracy and a decline in major record company dollars but that it’s also one side of the coin.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Music business changes so rapidly that if I don’t agree with something today it probably will be different next week.


What was your childhood ambition?
What I am doing right now!


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Sade, Jewel, Carol King.


For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Depends who I’m meeting with but usually I prefer early dinner. Lunch is perceived as a rush meal where as dinner is a more relaxing experience.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I haven’t bathe, eaten or slept in 365 days! LOl. On a serious note, I have made too many sacrifices to mention them all. Any businessperson will tell you that personal sacrifices are made on a daily basis. As long as they are small sacrifices and your integrity is not at stake. It truly is a balancing act!


What is your favorite quote?
"Truth is only as good as its honesty" -Xio


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Not really just be yourself!


Biggest mistake made?
Not believing I could do this way before! And living my life on fear of failure.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Indeed, I don’t like to feed on the flavor of the month I rather come up with my own mixture. It makes life interesting!

About the Company:
Medination Music LLC is a successful company within the entertainment industry providing eclectic top quality pop-electro-lounge music on an international level although our marketing efforts are focused on New York City’s music market. Under Medination Music record label, Xiomara has produced two albums and six music videos. Recently, one of our songs, “Morning Pleasure” from the album “So Alive” was licensed to Peace Lounge, a German lounge music compilation. “Morning Pleasure” is included in a two CD collection along with other artist like Bliss, AfterLife, Chris Coco, Kenneth Bager and many more. We have entered the 2010 Grammy nominations in the following categories:


Record of the Year Morning Pleasure-Xiomara Medina

Album of The Year "So Alive" Xiomara Medina

Song of the Year Morning Pleasure-Xiomara Medina

Best New Artist. Xiomara Medina

Best Pop Vocal Album "So Alive" Xiomara Medina


Best Dance Recording Sense of Devotion-Xiomara Medina
R&B Female Vocals Addicted 2 Ur Luving-Xiomara Medina


For more info visit http://www.xiomusic.com/ www.reverbnation.com/xiomusic www.myspace.com/xiomusic www.twitter.com/xiomusic www.facebook.com/xiomusic more links on the main website. Our music is available on itunes and all major digital stores.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month