Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Freddy Rodriguez > www.freddyrodriguez.com

Freddy Rodriguez, Artist.

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Talent, ideas, passion and hard work. It is a 24/7 thing.

What did inspire you to start your business?
My talent and my confidence in myself.

How did you finance it?
In art one of the biggest assets for an artist is time. I worked part time to have the time for my art.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, much of my work is informed by my cultural background that I mixed with my art education from New York and contemporary concepts about art.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I’m committed to my art. I believe in myself.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Until several years ago being a Latino artist. Today that is changing very rapidly. Latinos in all fields are getting the recognition they deserve. I just sold three big paintings to the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would put more emphasis on marketing and networking.

What was your childhood ambition?
The same as today, to be a great artist.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
The artists: Peter Paul Rubens, Diego Velazquez and Benvenuto Cellini.

They ran very successful art studios and their work today command higher prices every time they come up for sale after centuries of being made.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
I believe lunch works best. It allows time to prepare and time to evaluate afterwards.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
At the beginning I lived like a monk. There was never extra money for anything else but art supplies and food and the basics of every day life.

What is your favorite quote?
”Civilization is not remembered by its great lawyers or business people, but by its art” Eli Broad.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Yes, it is very difficult even though it almost comes naturally to artists.

Biggest mistake made?
To think artistic talent is enough to make it in the art world.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, I’m always pushing the envelope with my art.

About his work
I am a fulltime artist. I come up with the ideas for my art, do all the research and make the art. In some occasions I commission work to fabricated by others after my ideas. I’m the creative force behind everything I put my name on.
http://www.freddyrodriguez.com/

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month