Thursday, August 4, 2011

Martin Blanco > www.avealma.com


Martin Blanco, Founder, Sound Designer & Music Producer, Avealma Sound Delivery

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
You have to be creative. This will give you the main tool to face this amazing and challenging journey to complete independence.

What did inspire you to start your business?
After 10 years in the media business I started to feel like a robot doing the same work everyday in a factory. So I thought, wouldn't it be a great to work everyday on a different project with passion and love and earn money like that?

How did you finance it?
With my own resources. As I told you before, you need to be creative. In latin america it is not easy at all. At first I started with it as a side project, working 17hs everyday between my regular job and Avealma. After a year I could dedicate my entire day to this.

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
For sure. Knowing our culture and learning a new one gives you a great advantage. Being bilingual opens you to many doors.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Creativity is everything. Look for new markets, new kind of investments… the world is always changing and it is good to change with it.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Being known as a standalone service. The audio component is sometimes underestimated so you have to demonstrate what you can do and how you can improve the final product.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Trying not to work the whole day, but I don’t know if it is possible. Running an online company with projects around the world makes you work for many time zones.

What was your childhood ambition?
Traveling around the world with no boundaries and being an astronaut.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Steve jobs, my uncle and my dad.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch works very well for me.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Time! Being an entrepreneur means, at least at first, you have to work at anytime. Your family and friends will miss you a little.

What is your favorite quote?
Less is more.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I love to be unconventional. Sometimes they pay me for that.

Biggest mistake made?
Trying to do everything no matter what or how.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes. When I started to think about Avealma I did it myself (not using google). So I didn’t copy others projects. Being one of the first is good and a risk at the same time.

About the company:
AVEALMA | sound delivery is a new concept in audio postproduction. We work via intenet and all over the world. We are a team of professionals with more than 10 years of expertise working around the clock in recording sessions, M&E creation and any and every type of sound production. TV spots and branding, commercials, radio spots, documentaries, etc. A 24/7, 365 day a year solution.

1 comment:

Me! said...

great interview!

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month