Monday, November 14, 2011

Sylvia Meléndez Klinger > www.hispanicfoodcommunications.com


Sylvia Meléndez Klinger, Owner & Founder, Hispanic Food Communications

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?  
Absolutely! With 50.5 millions Hispanics in the US; being Hispanic brings a huge advantage.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going? 
I think about all the people who need to learn about good nutrition and health and that keeps me going strong no matter what.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? 
Balancing work and family. As a Latina mom and wife, it is hard to juggle the love for my work and the love for my family. So far is going pretty good!

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? 
I would off taken more classes in college, specially more courses in international business and communications.

What was your childhood ambition? 
I wanted to learn English and be a professional gymnast until I found nutrition.

Tell us about three people that you admire.
Mother Theresa, Oprah Winfrey and my mom.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner? 
Lunch.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?  
Stayed up too late many nights finishing projects.

What is your favorite quote? 
Never, never, never give up. Winston Churchill.

Is it difficult to be unconventional? 
Not at all as long as you do what you love to do.

Biggest mistake made? 
I can't think of one, but I wish I spoke more languages. I have always taken all the opportunities that have come my way; let's say I am a risk taker.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?  
Yes, I am very creative and I am ALWAYS brainstorming for new ideas and ways to do things simpler and better 

About Hispanic Food Communications
Hispanic Food Communications is a nutrition and culinary consulting business; specializing in bringing nutrition messages to the Hispanic community.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month