Friday, May 11, 2012

Adriana Martinez > www.casamartinez.com.mx


Adriana Martinez, President, Casa Martinez

What do you need to be an entrepreneur? 
I think that you need to have passion, drive, determination, and the enthusiasm to work as hard as it takes to achieve success. It also takes ability to think outside of the box and take risks. 

What inspired you to start your business? 
My family owns a factory in Mexico that produces the most wonderful unique salsas that I have ever tasted. After studying in the United States I realized that with my knowledge of the business policies and practices in the US I could take the family business to the next level. The thought of being able to grow my family’s legacy is what inspired me. 

How did you finance it? 
Casa Martinez is fully funded by the family business in Mexico. 

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business? 
Of course it does, Casa Martinez rests on a foundation of rich culinary traditions and ancient recipes from our Mexican heritage. I am Hispanic and the principals and values that I was taught from a young age are the core elements that drive our business. Values like striving for the best, believing in yourself, and being proud of who you are and where you come from are an integral part of my business. 

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going? 
There are always going to be obstacles to surmount, and challenges to face, but I just keep my eye on the prize. Having a positive attitude towards work and life has allowed me to see things in a clearer way and act in the best suited manner. 

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced? 
The biggest challenge I’ve faced has been taking charge of my family business and introducing the brand to the United States. There are so many brands and my main concern was to make everyone aware that our brand of salsas stands in a category of its own. 

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be? 
I would not change anything. I am fortunate to have had the sounds advice from my team of advisors from the very beginning. Having a strong support system with a clear and fresh vision led me to take the right decisions, and up to date, there are no decisions that I regret making. 

What was your childhood ambition? 
I wanted to be an artist. I love painting and I have been doing this since I was a little girl. However that little girl has grown up and although I can appreciate art, my fulltime ambition is to become a successful businesswoman known for introducing unique and high quality products. 

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire? 
There are several entrepreneurs I admire, but there is one in particular that I would like to mention: my father. He has been my mentor and the person who has taught me the most about business. He's trained me to be strong, driven and not to give up no matter what the circumstance. 

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner? 
Definitely breakfast! It’s when I’m the most alert, refreshed, and ready to take on whatever may come my way. 

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success? 
Anybody that owns and runs a company has to make sacrifices in their personal time. It’s a given that running a business consumes much of your personal time. However, I am ready and willing to make those sacrifices because I believe in Casa Martinez and in our products. 

What is your favorite quote? 
What you dream today, will be yours tomorrow. 

Is it difficult to be unconventional? 
It’s all relative. Am I unconventional because I am a woman entrepreneur, because I have a product that comes from another country? The United States is a melting pot of cultures, ideas and opportunities. It is only difficult to be that if you don’t have the vision to create something exceptional. 

Biggest mistake made? 
Thus far we have been very careful to not make mistakes, because everyone knows mistakes have a cost. My team of advisors and I have been done rigorous and careful planning to anticipate possible oversights and prepare ahead in case they should arise. As a new entrepreneur, I am aware that there will be some mistakes along the way and all I can do is to be humble, learn from them, correct them and move on. Isn’t that what every successful business person has done in the past? 

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why? 
I consider myself an innovator for the simple fact that, I, as a young entrepreneur; have decided to start a high quality, all-natural salsa brand to the American natural foods marketplace. 

About Casa Martinez 
Casa Martinez rests on a foundation of the rich culinary traditions and ancient recipes from our Mexican heritage. Our salsas are expertly crafted from fresh and flavorful ingredients to create extraordinary varieties that will enhance the everyday enjoyment of any appetizer, entrée or side dish.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month