Monday, January 21, 2008

Rudy Rivas > www.hispanicinsure.com

President of Hispanic Health Insurance

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Determination and a deep Passion about your product or service.

What did inspire you to start your business?
Cuban Background, my Grandmother and Uncles always spoke about Education and having your own business.

How did you finance it?
I saved all my money, sold off everything that I owned to start this business. Bought a inexpensive vehicle back in 1990, and moved back home with my parents (who helped immensly).

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Of course being Hispanic is something that stirs inside of us, we are "passionate & creative" folks by nature.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Life is full of adversity, ultimately it is up to each of us to keep a positive attitude, it helps that I surround myself with Positive people.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
When you start any business, finding clients is the toughest challenge. It certainly was mine at the start, with time that all changes.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would make Health Insurance Policies easier for folks to understand, the biggest problem with my industry is that the public is confused about plan designs etc.

What was your childhood ambition?
Since I was a child and grew into my teen years, I wanted my own home with a nice big backyard. (I grew up in a small 800Sq. ft. home).

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Miguel Mardueno (Owner of Los Toros Meat Markets & Real Estate Developer), Juan Cardenas (REMax Commercial Real Estate Agent) and Tony Plana (Actor & Activist)

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Tomayos, Cuban Bistro, and Cuidad

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I still work long hours and also weekends.What is your favorite quote?"If you don’t know where you’re going, you will never know when you get there"

What is your favorite quote?
I like the Nike moto "Just do it".

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Not difficult- Stay true to yourself

Biggest mistake made?
(Monitary) Selling our Ocean front property located in Santa Monica California in 2003 before the "Huge" price increases!

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
In business you will hear this word quite a bit "NO", I have attending many meetings where I pitched my Idea of Marketing to Hispanic Business Owners, corporations were not willing to give me Co-Op monies to promote my ideas. I had to fund this project myself, a true innovator will not accept defeat.

Contact Rudy Rivas at
http://www.hispanicinsure.com/

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month