Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daniela Rodriguez > www.riverplatefulfillment.com

Daniela Rodriguez, Owner, River Plate Fulfillment

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Believe in your self,always a positive attitude,discipline, honesty.

What did inspire you to start your business?
My business started by accident, from a necessity when my husband had a very bad car accident and I had to put food on the table for my kids.

How did you finance it?
I finance it with quarters and dimes that were saved in my piggy bank.

Being Hispanic? Does it have any influence on your business?
It's great to be Hispanic, you have the best of both worlds, many times we run in to people in warehouses that do not speak much English, is great to be able to speak the Spanish language in order to do business, also our employees that the majorities are Spanish is the strongest access to the company.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I always see the glass half full, never half empty, and in life nothing comes easy if you want to be successful, I believe you never have to step back, always forward, and that other than death, there is always a solution for everything if is with in you. Like my good right hand and friendSandra my employee said, it is what it is, and we take a day at a time. I focus on the positive never the negative.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
The fire on October 21, 2007 I saw my 15 yrs of hard work burned down to ashes. All of my dreams had fallen apart, all of my employees without a job. My biggest challenge was how was I am going to get all that back, and was like the whole world colapse on me on that day.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Nothing, I would not change a thing, if anything I would add more services that would enhance it according to my customers needs.


What was your childhood ambition?
To be a pilot

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Donald Trump, Fernando Lamp, and Mitzie

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I had to sacrifice family time, I had to cut on all my personal expenses, meaning not taking a vacation for 10 years, no eating out, sleeping time. I was lucky if I got to sleep 5 hours a day. Not seeing much of my friends. I became a workaholic.

What is your favorite quote?
If there is a will, there is a way. In Spanish (Querer es poder)

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No it's not

Biggest mistake made?
The biggest mistake I ever made was not having enough insurance. We can never be insured enough, and for that you have to do your homework. Know the value of the merchandise the company is keeping in inventory for customers, know the value of your own machinery, and even when our insurance agent, is letting us know what covers and you seamed to be happy with it, please read it yourself and ask questions. It's too late after the facts. Ask for a second opinion if you are not sure of the policy you have in your hands.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
No, I don't consider myself an innovator, I consider myself a person with a very strong inner strength.

Riverplateinc.com does fulfillment for all types of industries, trucking nation wide, warehousing and distribution.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month