Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Amanda Smith > www.amandasmithcaterers.com

Amanda Smith, Owner, Amanda Smith Caterers.

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Instinct for ideas and a passion for believing that it can happen.

What did inspire you to start your business?
Running. I was running around the reservoir in central park, thinking about the park, about the summer and the upcoming concerts... and it occured to me that there was no service that existed that provided picnic baskets for the more than 100,000 attendees of these concerts. That summer, I was the first service that did.

How did you finance it?
Initially from my savings and then from the banks - I wish I had found another alternative.

Being Hispanic... Does it have any influence on your business?
It has a cache but not an influence. The influence is more from my background living all over the world.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I don't know.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Needing to find a way to go from a ground level to the first level and then on. Each level is a challenge because you have to sacrifice in order to be recognized.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
The structure. Too much lies on me at the moment and at this stage it is more probelematic to adjust.

What was your childhood ambition?
To be a stewardess and travel!

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch - como buena Mexicana!

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Time with my daughter - time for myself.

What is your favorite quote?
Follow your fears or be lead by your passion. Anonymous

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Yes. One needs a lot of conviction and thick skin.

Biggest mistake made?
Leaving my first job when I was 21 (Mandarin Oriental Traineeship just out of college)

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I have original ideas but in my business it all so much the same that I do not consider them to be innovative, they are logical.

About the company:
Amanda Smith Caterers is a boutique catering and event planning company that services the metropolitan area. We offer foods not only from my native Mexico but from all over the world. Unlike other catering companies our interest is the food so everything is made authentically and with much attention. In addition we have an experienced crew that meets all needs with care.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month