Monday, August 3, 2009

Diego Gaona > www.onna-gourmet.com.ar

Diego Gaona, Owner, Onna Gourmet Pizza Catering.

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
In a country as Argentina, you will basically need courage, astuteness and not to think so much as if you do it, you will find so many obstacles to start with.

What did inspire you to start your business?
Firstly, the need to begin with my own project, and secondly improve my economy.

How did you finance it?
I rent my apartment for usd 700 to a foreigner couple who lived in Buenos Aires for 3 month.
And I’ve been living at friend’s houses as a nomad.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
I think we are used to work much harder to resolve any type of problems as here in Argentina everything is difficult.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
The only way is insisting. In our country the decisions are very influenced by the economy and the politics. These are two crucial things to contract a catering.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
The mayor challenge was to consolidate our brand as a concept; we sell the best Pizza Gourmet, accompanied with honesty, education and respect.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would like to be a step forward on business. For example open premises and be able to manage it and expand this concept all over the world.

What was your childhood ambition?
Have a good economy position and be able to help other people who need a hand.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
In alphabetic order: Claudio Destéfano, Andy Freire and Alec Oxenford. I’ve been lucky meeting the 3 of them in entrepreneur congresses, reading their books and inviting them to my TV program (www.encuentrosgourmet.com.ar) where I could join my journalist profession with the kitchen.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
None. I think the best is to have the meeting before, make the deal where both parts win and then have lunch or dinner. I don’t consider beneficial to mix a tense moment with a pleasure one.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
You are working meanwhile the other people are enjoying the event, party, birthday, etc. You should assume this from the very begging to delight the work you are doing.

What is your favorite quote?
Regarding thoughts, to be alert every moment to catch any opportunity; and my favourite expression is “wind on favor, wind against”. Nothing is more pleasant to win when you perseverate and work honestly.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No, is very interesting because you have no limits. I’m my own roof and I decide till where I’ll reach.

Biggest mistake made?
Biggest mistake made? I think I didn’t make one. Saint Ignacio de Loyola said “the experience makes the man”, you learn from your errors and good decisions. You should recognize and repair them on time, no matter what it takes.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes. I consider myself an innovator because 5 years ago I proposed myself a very ambitious objective: make the best pizza in the world; I try to re invent the pizza, giving more value to it and converting in a gourmet plate.

About the Company:
Onna – Gourmet Pizza Catering: Our mission is re inventing the pizza, adding more value to it, and making a real gourmet plate.

In Onna we organize birthdays, parties, vernissages, company events, openings and product launches.
In Onna we make the better Pizzas Gourmet in your house, country house, farm or apartment.
www.onna-gourmet.com.ar
www.encuentrosgourmet.com.ar




No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month