Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jorge Siffredi > www.englishmedianet.com

Jorge Siffredi, CEO & Co-Founder, English Media Net.

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
To be an entrepreneur, you need ‘attitude’. You could have been born with it, or you can work on it during your whole life. If you reach them both, you are likely to reach success in everything you want.

What did inspire you to start your Business?
In my case, it was something natural. Once I had reached the top position at an International Company (which trained professionals and companies in English language) and when I felt that to manage 350 people in 5 different countries was not such a surprising challenge, my next step was to have my own company

How did you finance it?
With my own money and partners.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
I don’t think your place of birth is so important.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
In that situation, you can tell one who starts some business (who usually gives up) from that one who is an entrepreneur, who is driven by passion and iron faith he has in his project. Both are engines that strengthen and inspire him to always find an appropriate solution and to carry on.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
To learn how to manage it.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
‘Nothing’ and ‘everything’. ‘Nothing’ in the sense that we are successful in what we are doing. And ‘everything’, since we are always on the alert and checking all our procedures, so as to improve them, having critical thinking skills in our acts (with an external perspective), keeping alert for any necessary change.

What was your childhood ambition?
I have always tried (since I was a child) to be the best one in those things I set out to do. Obviously, at that moment, I was not so much conscious about it.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Thomas Alva Edison, Ray Kroc and Steve Jobs. They have inspired me through their brilliance, forward-looking approach and their enormous perseverance capacity.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
For me, it’s the same. I really love what I do, then, I can talk business over breakfast, lunch and dinner the same day.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
To be successful in any sort of business, you have to get ready for sacrifice. For obvious reasons, devoting long hours to continuous work, means taking them out of family, friends and leisure time. But, if to that effort you add intelligence, what you leave on your way, in that sense, will be then returned to you in full.

What is your favorite quote?
I’d like to be the main character in the film of my life, not only a mere spectator of things that happen to me’.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
At this moment in humanity, to be conventional is to be left out of the game.

Biggest mistake made?
Choosing my first partners, mistake that, thank God, I managed to mend in time.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I can not help thinking about how wonderfully fast humanity advances nowadays. To be innovator is something I love and, besides, I consider it essential. That’s why I had the idea (when it was still considered technologically ‘impossible’) to create a whole virtual company for learning English 100 % live, from any place in the world.

About the Company:
English Media Net is an institution which makes it possible for staff, professionals, businessmen and businesswomen, to learn to speak, read and write in English fluently, taking all the advantages that e-learning provides, concerning its comforts in spite of time and distance, added to permanent live classes, something essential to learn a second language in the correct way.

www.englishmedianet.com

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month