Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lu Meshulam > www.LuMesh.com

Lu Meshulam, Founder and Creator, LuMesh Cosmetics Inc.


What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Ambition, desire, perseverance, innovative ideas, faith in yourself and in God.


What did inspire you to start your business?
1. The urge to create innovative products that deliver the results they promised.
2. The lack of products available to Hispanic women along with all other ethnicities.
3. The fact that existing lines wouldn’t hire me for product development because I didn’t have a college education.


How did you finance it?
Me, myself, and Chase.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes… I found a major short coming; in products that delivered real result and I couldn’t find colors suitable not just for Hispanic women, but for all ethnicities in general. All high-end products were geared toward Caucasian women. LuMESH has only 5 lip colors but each color is suitable for at least 2 or more ethnicities. You can see the list below. And the LuMESH MOTTO is “ I’m every woman!”
• Kalie is suitable for Caucasian women, for African- American women who have pink under-toned lips, and for Hispanic women as well.
• Trischa is suitable for Caucasian and Hispanic women.
• Magaly is universal! It is suitable for Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, African- American women with pink under-toned lips.
• Min is suitable for Caucasian and Asian women.
• Sheila is suitable for all African-American women and Indian women. Sheila also looks amazing when worn over red.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
This is more than my dream…..it is my purpose. My goal to become a leader in the cosmetic industry is based on the research I have done. Very few products live up to their claims. Consumers should get their money’s worth, by getting exactly what they are being told they are getting. Makeup should not only be color; there should be other benefits involved….LuMESH lip gloss “works better than most lip balms and has amazing staying power.


What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
I am basically learning everything as I go so it has all been very challenging; and I wear all the hats in my business.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Change nothing….just add a few elements to my business such as a savvy business partner.


What was your childhood ambition?
To be famous!


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Sheila Johnson from BET------ I actually named one of my lip glosses after her. [All of my products are named after significant women in my life; Kalie is for my 7 year old niece, Trischa is my sis, Magaly is one of my best friends, Min is also a dear friend and then there is Sheila.] I am very inspired by Sheila, Oprah, and my lovely friend Elaine Werz who is an amazing photographer. Elaine always has a positive outlook no matter the circumstance. She is right- “If we have our health we can make each day productive and make our dreams comes true”!


For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Dinner


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Time with my son, I can’t believe he will already be 4.


What is your favorite quote?
Action is the foundational key to all success.
Pablo Picasso


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Not at all…I enjoy it!


Do you consider yourself an innovator?
Absolutely!! I hope to eventually be the Martha Stewart of product innovation.


Biggest mistake made?
Not testing container’s I purchased from over seas, it was a $10,000 mistake.


About the Company:
LuMESH is an innovative makeup line geared towards women of all ages and diverse ethnicities.
http://www.lumesh.com/  

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month