Monday, January 3, 2011

Belen Moreno-Bosch > www.belendesign.net

Belen Moreno-Bosch, Founder, Belendesign, Inc.


What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Courage, flexibility, and persistence are useful qualities that help keep one afloat in the business world.


What did inspire you to start your business?
A strong urge to do it “my way”


How did you finance it?
Family contributions, personal savings, a big imagination and determination.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, as an interior designer and art consultant, I have integrated the Hispanic cultural experience – that’s to say the European Spanish as well as the indigenous aspects of my background, with the American reality of my daily life to broaden the scope of my aesthetic offerings. My clients appreciate the Spanish/Latin American flair that defines my style.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
As the African proverb suggests, I” pray moving my feet”. Visualizing the result that I wish for, and taking action, even in small steps has kept me going.


What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
The recent bursting of the real estate bubble affected my profession greatly. I choose to only focus my energies on promoting artists, objects and projects that I am passionate about.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would take longer breaks, maybe insist on a lunch hour, and seven hours sleep nightly – something I rarely allow myself.


What was your childhood ambition?
To be an actress, singer and dancer, to be beautiful, happy and good and have magical powers.


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Elsa Schiaparelli, she was daring, fun and flamboyant and brought fashion to the masses, collaborating with Surrealist artists in gutsy, original ways.


J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series –went from being a single mom on welfare to a billionaire, motivated by her determination to make a better life for her little daughter.


Corazon Aquino – first woman president of the Philippines, who bravely stepped into the role of political leader of the Philippines after her husband was suddenly assassinated, rewrote their Constitution, and in her six years in office, led her nation out of the shadow of a corrupt regime.


For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
All three are an option.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I had to sacrifice time with my children.


What is your favorite quote?
A word to the wise is sufficient.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Not really, I like to challenge the status quo.


Biggest mistake made?
Not getting my master’s degree.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, and a transformer. I believe my mission is to guide people to cast off restrictions they’ve let society impose on them, to instead express their real empowered selves in the authenticity of their surroundings.


About the Company
Belendesign, Inc. provides a complete range of interior design services adapting to your lifestyle and budget with a focus on simple luxury. Our Art Advisory services will help you build a collection of integrity and quality.
http://www.belendesign.net/

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month