Monday, August 1, 2011

Adriana Rocha > www.ecglobal.com

Adriana Rocha, CEO and Co-Founder, eCGlobal

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Courage not to be afraid of making mistakes, Vision to know where you want to go, Determination to stand-up when you fall, Passion to enchant other people and Leadership to guide your team.

What did inspire you to start your business?
The wish to change our Industry and to build something innovative and revolutionary that could impact positively the way companies understand and engage with their customers and consumers.

How did you finance it?
Personal finances.

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Definitely. The fact that I am Latin and come from a region with so much diversity and rich in history in terms of social, economical and cultural challenges, it made me feel stronger and better prepare to act in the most adverse situations. Like we say in our country, Brazil, to be successful in life you need to have “jogo de cintura” (be a good dribbler).

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
I am an extremely positive person. I always see obstacles and mistakes as opportunities for learning and growing. In times of trouble, I try to use intuition, have a positive attitude, analyze the situation from different angles, and always seek for solutions.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
I believe that our biggest challenge has been to build our “dream team”, creating a corporate culture that would attract the best talents and maintain them motivated, inspired and passionate for what they do, believing always that we can achieve our objectives.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would invest even more in training and development of our team.

What was your childhood ambition?
My childhood dream was to be a doctor like my father and be able to help other people. I opted for another professional career in marketing and information technology but my dream of being able to do more and help other less privilege people always continues. I know I can do much more in that sense.


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Iván Casas, my associate and co-founder of the Company. Iván is a dreamer, idealist and visionary. It was him who gave me the inspiration and force that I needed to arrive at this stage.
Norberto Odebrecht, founder of the Construction Company Odebrecht that started in my home city in Salvador, Bahia, in the 1940s. In 1991, Odebrecht was the first Brazilian Company to conduct a public work in the USA and became one of the largest corporate groups in the world.
Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Inc.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Many. One of the biggest is not having enough time to spend as much as I would like to with my three children.

What is your favorite quote?
Actually I love quotes, and this is one of my favorites: “When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying no to yourself”. Paulo Coelho, Brazilian writer.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
For me is very easy and fun. I could never be a conventional person, following routines, and not stand out from the crowd, be different in what I do.

Biggest mistake made?
Trying to do many things at the same time and not been able to finish something well. Be able to define priorities and make things happen, step-by-step, within our own capabilities, was one of our great learning.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes. To innovate is to constantly look for ways to create something new, foment ideas, anticipate the future, and develop something different that causes a positive impact to our Clients. That’s what we do in our daily activities and that is why we have created a work environment conducive to foster innovation and ideas generation in each of our team members.

About the company:
eCGlobal is a company specialized in interactive solutions for consumer relationship and knowledge in Latin America and the US. We build technology platforms and social networks like eCglobal.com with more than 500,000 Hispanics and Latin Americans, who share their opinions, experiences and knowledge, helping enterprises around the world to make better decisions and develop better products and services.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month