Sunday, December 18, 2011

Adylia Rhenee Gutierrez > www.Yhorlife.com


Adylia Rhenee Gutierrez, President, Owner & Founder, Yhorlife.com

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
To be an entrepreneur I think a person needs to be focused, driven, open, socially conscious, and wise enough to know that the world, like business, is constantly changing so you never stop learning or act like you know everything.

What inspired you to start your business?
The world inspired me to start my business. What I mean is that everywhere you turn there is a natural disaster, economic meltdown, unemployment increasing, etc. Fame- hungry people are still making money but are so self-absorbed they are so into themselves and not bettering themselves or the world. I think all this turmoil we hear or read about everyday in the world is the world's way of saying that people need to get back to having morals, values, and helping one another or the world will continue to appear like it is spiraling out of control.

How did you finance it?
I used my family for investors.

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, I am proud to be a Latina. My business is donating 10% to the children and craftsmen of Grenada, Nicaragua. I'm not Nicaraguan but I think talented craftsmen in Latin America are overlooked as well as the children who want to go to school. I think that's the beauty of being a Latina. Hispanics are everywhere so I hope my business inspires all Hispanics to dream and shows them impossible is nothing.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Adversity is never easy even though you know it is an unfortunate part of life. I'm grateful for my family because they are my biggest supporters. I have always been incredibly stubborn so I take any adversity as a challenge and fuel to work harder to prove everyone wrong.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
The biggest challenge my business has faced is me. People love the idea but I have found that when they meet me they are shocked. I do not know what they expect but me being young, female, and a Latina I would say sometimes catches people off guard and even causes them to be pessimistic about the business.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
If I could change one thing about my business maybe more money that I could legally donate.

What was your childhood ambition?
I was a dreamer and never believed in limitations so I wanted to be a ballerina, lawyer, and veterinarian.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Alejandro Santo Domingo, Jay-z, and Gisele Bundchen

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Breakfast, I am a morning person so I love starting my day being productive.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
To be honest I do not feel I have made any sacrifices. There are times I wish I could have gone to the movies or dinner with some friends but I am so driven I just wanted my business to be successful. My friends are great and proud of me so they understand and are supportive.

What is your favorite quote?
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows. - Aristotle Onassis

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I have always been in my own world so I do not know the difference. I do what makes me happy.

Biggest mistake made?
I do not call them mistakes, I call them learning opportunities. My biggest learning opportunity came from learning that you cannot trust everyone even though you regard them as a friend.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes and no. Yes because I was able to see a need and figured out a way to fill the void. No because I was just observant enough to realize the need; I did not re-invent the wheel.

About the company
Yhorlife.com is an online community that celebrates hard work, shared values, and offers sound advice for those searching for a higher standard. Yhorlife members get access to articles, interviews, and discussions designed to solve problems and build relationships. Industry experts and men and women of all ages provide a variety of perspectives on life, relationships, careers, education, entrepreneurship, parenting and more.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month