Friday, March 26, 2010

Armando J. Rositas > www.SwimmingBuddy.com

Armando J. Rositas, Creator, The Swimming Buddy.


What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Desire, Discipline, Patience, Focus; You cannot sit back expecting anything to come to you, the SWIMMING BUDDY is one of a kind, staying focused at all times is a must, and you making things happen, everything else falls into place; sometimes.


What did inspire you to start your business?
Nearly striking a young boy with my boat after he had been thrown into the water when a jet ski on which he was riding was involved in a collision with another inspired me. Out of fear that my Grandchildren were not visible enough while they were in the water.


How did you finance it?
For as long as I could I used my personal funds. Family and Friends have helped.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
I have to say that after I presented the SWIMMING BUDDY before Michigan Senator Valde Garcia, he arranged the presentation before the Michigan Senate Natural Resources Committee (7/15/2009). Hard workers; is the trait of the Hispanics; and I’m honored to carry that on my shoulders.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Turning a negative life experience into a positive one is an opportunity/challenge we should grasp with open arms. Had I not invented the SWIMMING BUDDY and did nothing, I would find it hard to forgive myself. To help reduce future USCG Boating/Accident Statistics will need the help of all who read this blog. Misfortune is not having a sister company in another state, I welcome your comments, or offer. I'm single, retired and will come and present the SWIMMING BUDDY to any company who may be looking for a solid one of a kind patent pending investment.
.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Making contact with a resource to help Market/Advertise a brand new unique, simple water visibility product. I believe LatinVision will connect the SWIMMING BUDDY with reliable, dependable, corporations who see the product as I do.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
Look harder for a Hispanic manufacturer of life vests; or sporting goods and bring opportunity for both parties.


What was your childhood ambition?
To work as hard as my Father did without complaining. A Combat Engineer (supervisor) in WWII with only a third grade education was always amazing to me.


Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Craig Harris owner of Turkeyman (small restaurant Lansing, Mi) I’ve watched this man sell his cooked turkey legs at the ballpark, he caters food he was doing it all….on one leg, astonishing.
Bill Gates what can you say about this man? He is who he is and gives back.
Magic Johnson an entrepreneur after his basketball career.


For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Breakfast; it’s great to start off running.


What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
I lost personal contact with friends and relatives, I kept to only a handful of those who understood and saw my desires. Without desire motivation is lost.


What is your favorite quote?
Some men see things as they are and say “Why?” I dream things that never were and say “Why Not?” George Bernard Shaw


Is it difficult to be unconventional?
It takes some thought on how you want to be perceived. For me this is not a toy, not a floatation device but a visibility invention enhancing the visibility of those while in the water.


Biggest mistake made?
The biggest was not following up a small lead that cost me a lot of extra time and effort to make up.


Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I believe innovation starts from a dream of a never seen before invention that will not let you sleep at night, constantly motivating, driving you, had I not felt the need, I would not have been compelled to design the “SWIMMING BUDDY”; yes I consider myself an innovator.


About the Company:
The SWIMMING BUDDY has the challenge to bring a water visibility product to the public. Enhancing the visibility of those in the water to watercraft operators to help in lowering the annual UNITED STATES COAST GUARD RECREATIONAL BOATING/ACCIDENT STATISTICS.
www.swimmingbuddy.com

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month