Friday, July 1, 2011

Evelyn M. Brooks > www.ebrooksdesigns.com


Evelyn M. Brooks, Jewelry Designer & Owner, Evelyn Brooks Designs

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Be a risk taker, manage and organize your time, being a multitasker, being confident, remaining positive in your attitude with everything you do.

What did inspire you to start your business?
My father, whom with little education built a successful jewelry manufacturing company that has been in business for over 50 years.

How did you finance it?
Personal savings.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, my jewelry designs are inspired in my Peruvian heritage mixed with contemporary art and following the latest fashion trends. 

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
By being creative, offering new designs and other services. My family and my belief in God give me purpose and drive.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Get paid on time from our wholesale buyers and being able to stay in business through tough times.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
The time I spend in social media.

What was your childhood ambition?
Travel the world, learn about other cultures and keep those memories forever.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Richard Branson, CoCo Channel, Gene Simmons.

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Breakfast.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
The time I spend with my family and friends as well as my hours of sleep.

What is your favorite quote?
Endless possibilities.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No. I love being unconventional and cutting edge. This is why I have established such a following.

Biggest mistake made?
I made 100 charms that were going to raise funds for a non-profit but never made a contract. The president of the organization, mysteriously disappeared and never paid me for my work that I had done.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes. I took traditional Peruvian red & black seeds known as huayruros to another level by mixing them with silver & gold. My clients feel proud to wear something that is ecofriendly, culturally exotic and elegant.

About the company:
Evelyn’s Jewelry Designs are exotic, sophisticated and elegant. All of them are crafted with fine care and exceptional workmanship, offering innovative, contemporary & sustainable jewelry designs for men and women. The company also specializes in personal custom jewelry designs, private label manufacturing, corporate designs and exclusive designs to help charitable non-profits to raise much needed funds.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month