Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Victor Urbaez > www.tuabogadodelpueblo.com

Victor M. Urbaez , Attorney and Founder, Tuabogadodelpueblo.com


What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
You can’t fear failure.  You have to believe in yourself.  If you truly, truly believe, then you have no fear of failure because you believe that you will not fail.

What did inspire you to start your business?
I’m a free spirited person.  And I felt stuck because I had a law degree but I was a teacher.  The only way to transition from one to the other was to just jump right in! So I left my teaching job and opened my law office, and prayed!

How did you finance it?
Don’t do what I did please.  But I withdraw my funds from my 401.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Absolutely!  Firstly, I am TuAbogadoDelPueblo.com.  And secondly, there is such a need out there for a Spanish speaking attorney and  also a culturally relevant attorney as well.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
Tough question.  I just know that the next day is a brand new day.  I’m the one that decides how to take it, how to wake up the next morning.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Since I never worked for anybody as an attorney, I never did a hands on apprenticeship, that has been the biggest challenge for me.  Somethings would have been so easy if someone had just shown me and pointed the way.  Instead I had to learn by myself thru trial and error, the simplest of things.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I would  like to move things along a lot faster but until I get an assistant its just not possible yet.

What was your childhood ambition?
To be a baseball player! 

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
I can think of 1: The lady on the corner that sells habichuelas dulces.  I think she gets more for her money in terms of profit and expensive then 95% of businesses out there.   Lines are blocks long and there is very little overhead.  It’s a sweet business!

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
A lot more late hours compared to when I was teaching. As a teacher, I was home at 3-4pm.  Now, it could be 9pm.  10pm.  And I have to travel more now, to different courts, different cities and towns.

What is your favorite quote?
I give because I have I have because I give therefore I am never without.

Is it difficult to be unconventional?  
Yes it is difficult to be unconventional, that is, if you don’t have the confidence.  It takes confidence in yourself to be step out and do something differently.

Biggest mistake made?
Not answered

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Not really.  I don’t consider myself an innovator.  I see myself as a practical person.  I had a law degree and it seemed practical to practice law.  I went to law school, because it seemed practical to try to earn more money as a lawyer, a profession that is coveted for higher salaries.  It just seems practical to me.  Hard work but… practical!

About the Company
Victor M. Urbaez , As an attorney, I just try to apply common sense to the situation.  And listen to the needs of my client.
My clients are the Latino community, who usually have no voice.  And I am their voice.

TuAbogadoDelPueblo.com  is a general law practice law firm that handles a wide range of cases, from, divorces to traffic cases,  criminal cases to child support, police brutality to accidents.

Twitter:  @TorresAndUrbaez
Google +:  +TorresAndUrbaez




No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month