Saturday, September 7, 2013

Oscar Rivera / Photographer > www.quietstormphotos.com.

Oscar Rivera / Photographer
 www.quietstormphotos.com

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
Vision, drive, dedication and a strong belief in yourself.

What did inspire you to start your business?
It really came from others always telling me how wonderful my work was and that I should sell it.

How did you finance it?
With my own money.

Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Yes, it does. We Hispanics possess a strong work ethic. In addition, our passion makes us strong willed and we never take no for an answer.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
So far, I have not felt that I have been challenged with any adversity, however, my  father taught me, when facing obstacles, take one day at a time, figure out how to  navigate my way around whatever is in my way, and continue to move forward.

What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
To have my work seen and acquiring a larger clientele.

If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
There really isn’t anything I would change at this time; I am exactly where I want to be for now.

What was your childhood ambition?
To be a photographer.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
Armondo Montelongo – Real Estate Investments, Gary Dahl – Creator of The Pet Rock

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Working a full time day job and then at night and on weekends, sacrificing time with family and friends to develop my photography business.

What is your favorite quote?
“Haciendolo bueno para durar” – my father Benigno Rivera (Doing it right to last)

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
No, not at all, and it never has been. I have always marched to the beat of a
different drummer.

Biggest mistake made?
My biggest mistake was not having enough self-confidence in my earlier years.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
No

About the company: 
I provide a wide variety of photography services to private individuals as well as businesses. I will photograph any type of event, from people who want to capture those special moments in their lives to corporate functions. I also shoot portfolios for models. In addition, I have had my work used in both online and print publications, as well as book covers and have captured news worthy photos that have been published in NYC newspapers. Additionally, I am a featured expert on Binteo.com, a new social media platform for hobbyists, where I interact with amateur photographers and offer tips and advice to improve their trade.

Webisite: www.quietstormphotos.com

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month