Sunday, March 30, 2008

Greg Sanchez > www.siestatees.com

Greg Sanchez Owner

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?
You need to have an IDEA! You don't need to reinvent the wheel, you can always modify it! You need PASSION, your heart and enthusiasm must be in it. If you don't believe in your idea, no one will. You need to take the RISK, this is the biggest challenge entrepreneurs face. Risk involves money, time, sacrifice and uncertainty.


What did inspire you to start your business?
I have always imagined being a small business owner, but always felt that it was never possible. One day I finally said I got to do this, I had an idea with my Siesta Tees concept, and ran with it. The rest is history!


How did you finance it?
I started Siesta Tees on literally a "shoestring budget". Through the Internet I was able to find affordable services to get my business off the ground. I design all the marketing materials to help keep the budget low.


Being Hispanic…Does it have any influence on your business?
Siesta Tees is a Hispanic/Latino themed brand. Our tees express the thoughts and beliefs Hispanics grew up with. So, yes being Hispanic is very influential, it gives our product authenticity.


In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
There are ups and downs of being a small business owner. When times are bad, you need to keep your head up and your heart in it. Keep that passion in it, those good days are right around the corner!


What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Marketing and advertising has been the biggest challenge. Since, we have a "shoestring budget" we are constantly looking for the most cost effective way to operate the business.


If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
I wish I would have started sooner, risk held me back!


What was your childhood ambition?
Creating and developing products have always been an interest of mine.

Tell us about three entrepreneurs that you admire?
None in particular. I think there is a lot to admire in people who act on their dreams!

For business meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch. You get for your money on lunch specials. I told you I work with a "shoestring budget"!

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Time away from family! That's the biggest sacrifice I make.


What is your favorite quote?
"The sign on the door of opportunity reads: PUSH"

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
Sometimes being unconventional means making a new client!


Biggest mistake made?
Trying to do everything myself. As a owner you feel no one can put the fire and passion like you into your business. You need to be able to handle the tasks that you are good at and out source the others.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, I'm starting my business and that's something I thought would never come true! Now I can say it's a dream come true!

Greg Sanchez is the proud owner of Siesta Tees,a new Latino themed clothing line. The on-line shop offers a variety of t-shirt styles, infant one piece, children’s t-shirts, mugs, caps, aprons and many more items stamped with their designs. Latino folklore, beliefs and “abuelas wise thoughts” were mixed together to create the unique designs and slogans. The designs were created to fill a void in the main stream Latino market, which has become a major force in the U.S. market.


Siesta Tees started with one funny design and now offers more than fifty designs and phrases such as, Stop the violence- hit a piñata, I love abuela, I think the chupacabra is under my bed and Don’t make me use my chancla, all in a variety of colors and sizes. Their on-line sales shop offers a 30-day return guarantee and a toll free customer service line. “We are in the process of taking our t-shirts from on-line to retail stores in the near future. We believe the demand is there, and that our slogan will stand true, Creating laughs one tee at a time.” explains Greg.

No comments:

Entradas populares

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Page Views Last Month